Monday, February 25, 2013

Marathon Checked off the Bucket List

Well, yesterday was the day! I completed my first full marathon. Unfortunately, I had to walk from time to time, stop at the potty every mile after 13, stop to stretch a few times, BUT I finished! And the sag wagon was no where close to picking me up. Ha!

If someone had told me in September 2010 (when I first started running) that I would do a half marathon in 2012 and a full in 2013, I would have said, "You're crazy!" But, look who the crazy one is now!

I learned A LOT about myself during those 26.2 miles. I also had some deep thoughts on many different things! I'm working on a different post to express those thoughts.

In closing this post, I have many people to thank for encouraging me through all of this. First of all, without being blessed with a healthy and able body, I would not have even been able to start this journey. So, all praise and glory goes to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I have many family members, especially my mom, who have been my best cheerleaders. I love you mom! You're the BEST! Larisa (my running and crossfit partner-in-crime), thank you for always being positive and encouraging. You lift me up, make me dig deep and press on. I am so thankful to have you as one of my best friends. Melissa, you were a trooper yesterday! Thank you for fighting the madness and waiting 6 + hours for us at the finish line. You have been a huge blessing to me for 25 years now! To all of my friends, clients, coaches and other supporters along the way, thank you! You all inspire me more than you know! Those who were following my splits/updates yesterday on Facebook and cheering me on, thank you!

This pic is one that I think I will have framed. This is last year's half marathon finish photo and yesterday's finish photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment