Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Confessions of a Not-So-Ready Runner

Hi everyone! It's been a while since my last post. Life has been super busy with my cleaning business and love life! I took a break from blogging and being a trainer for the latter part of 2013. But, I'm back to blogging now and ready to motivate you and hear about your accomplishments! 

I want to talk about training for long runs. As most of you know, I completed my first full marathon in February 2013.  Well, what most of you don't know, is that I didn't prepare to push my body to the limit of 26.2 miles by doing LSD training. LSD = Long Slow Distance. I took a much different approach by doing Crossfit. Crossfit whipped my behind into much better shape with the combination of metabolic conditioning, weight and endurance training. My longest run going into the full marathon was 10 miles. Most seasoned marathoners would never have fathomed such. As a matter of fact, all that I have spoken to said that I was nuts! Ha! But my point is this....what works for me, may not work for you. And what works for you, may not work for me. And to be totally honest, that's OKAY! Keep on training and pushing towards your goals! By the way, I completed the marathon and didn't sustain any injuries. It wasn't "easy", but it didn't "put me down."

Look for my next few posts to have some really great discount codes to some super fun races! Until then, TRAIN HARD, EAT SMART!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment