Friday, January 25, 2013

Hi, My Name is Jennifer, Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Hi Everyone!  My name is Jennifer and I am 35 years old.  I am new to this thing called blogging.  I have friends who blog, but I've never done this myself.  So, here goes!

My purpose for blogging is to motivate and inspire people who are on a journey to improve their health and fitness.  This includes weightloss, toning, defining...whatever your goal is.  So let me tell you a little about my journey:

In September of 2010, I stepped on the scales for the first time in a year.  I knew I had gained weight because I was constantly having to buy newer, bigger clothes.  What I was not ready for was the shocker of seeing a number OVER 200!  The ugly truth was 206.  Depressed, miserable, irritable and very disgusted, I decided that September 10, 2010 was THE DAY that I would get up off my lazy behind and do something to get in better shape.  Little did I know that running would become "my thing". Running along with improved nutrition helped me shave off 30 pounds in 3 months.  This lead to a happier, healthier Jennifer (as well as many other healthy habits). But I didn't stop there!  Stay tuned to hear more details on how I shaved off an additional 22 pounds, gained some back.  AND how I've learned what NOT to do, the obstacles, the victories, the brick walls/plateaus, as well as what led me to the decision to become a certified Boot Camp Training Instructor.

The pic below was taken in December 2010 (right around the 30 pound milestone).  As you can see, I still had a lot more to lose, but I was down from a size 18 jeans (pushing a 20) to a size 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment